Thursday, December 2, 2010

ETC - almost forgot!



Every once in a while I get into reading some random blog that someone else recommends and, if it's a good one, reading through the entire archives in like three hours. Sam was working from home late one night a few weeks back, and I was wrapped up with one of those blogs - a good one. Emily Anderson. Y'all have probably already been reading her for years, but she's new to me. She's fun to read.

Emily has this great idea called "Embrace the Camera". ETC encourages moms to get out from behind the camera and actually get into the photos with their children. I loved the idea, and I'm totally needing encouragement to get in the shots. It's not that I've been purposefully avoiding it - it just takes some effort, and it's easy to forget.


Anyway, I messed around with my self-timer the other day when Little Dude was the last one wrapping up lunch. (He's often the last one wrapping up lunch.) The photos were all blurry and wonky, but this one turned out sort of nice in a still slightly wonky way. Or maybe we'll call it "artsy" instead. Definitely room for improvement, but I'll take what I can get. He's leaning in for a kiss, by the way. So, here's my first ETC :)






6 comments:

emily anderson said...

love the "wonky" picture :)

so glad you joined us this week!

mom said...

So sweet! You are something honey. I love you so much! mom

hill said...

i love, love, love this.
xoxo.

Super Lily said...

Welcome! Such a sweet image...I love it. :)

Boom Boom said...

First, I love the fact that someone besides me says wonky. Second, it's actually an absolutely beautiful picture. I'm sure there are many moms out there who wish they had a picture like this. So sweet!

Laura Lynn said...

I think it's great! I always encourage parents to get in the kids' picture when I am taking just children's photographs. I can't tell you how many people have told me how glad they were that I made them do that after they saw that one shot!