Tuesday, March 20, 2012

House Tour 2012: Master Bathroom



You guys are awesome.

Period.

Your encouragement means a lot to me.

And hearing from you makes these posts much more fun!

Okay... here we have the master bathroom. Which... I don't think I have ever shared before(?). At first, I thought I'd just post the pictures and offer absolutely no commentary. Because... what is there to say?

Yuck?

But, then I took the photos and uploaded them. Looking at the photos, I thought of something to say...

Photography is amazing.

That's what I have to say.

Because these pictures make my bathroom look waaaay better than it does in real life. Seriously. It's not nearly as bad as it could be... I've gotten it pretty clean (but I'm not showing you the shower... I don't even use it... I use the NEW one) and the colors are not really offensive necessarily. It could be worse than a glittery toilet seat and strangely yellowed flooring. I try to forget that it's probably because of previous owners smoking like chimneys. So, it's not as bad as it could be. But, it doesn't really look this good, either. Photography is amazing.

Keep that in mind when you're browsing through blogland. If a blogger is a really good photographer, that's at least half of the appeal of their blog. At least. Depending on how good the photographer actually is, it could be more. It's also good to keep in mind when flipping through rooms/homes that have been professionally photographed. Don't get me wrong... those rooms are really beautiful rooms. But, the photographers deserve as much credit as the designers, because quality photography takes a great space and makes it look incredibly amazing.

Not that I'm all that as a "photographer". And not that this bathroom is going to knock your socks off. But, a decent camera helps.

Here we go...







This would be me trying to stay out of the picture. I was still in my jammies and, while they aren't really immodest, there was more of Jacci showing than I felt like plastering all over the world wide web.





A while back, I was testing paraben-free face stuff to try to find something emollient enough for my super dry skin. Well, this winter I used that coconut oil on my face every night... and I loved it! I tend to use the Trader Joe's moisturizer with SPF for daytime.





If only we had the time to change the lightbulbs.



That blue trashcan is cracking me up.













I'm not joking about the toilet seat. It's a light gray... irridescent... with little flecks of silvery glitter. Over the last three years, I have at times thought it was a little bit pretty.

That freaked me out.

I don't know why I didn't just replace this. I cleaned it about 43 times with harsh chemicals before we moved in, but didn't just go out and buy one. Actually, I do know why. Because I didn't think I could find a gray that matched.

Good grief.





I must really like you people.

That's it. Now virtually anyone in the world has the potential to accidentally stumble upon photos of my master bathroom.

Lovely.

Now, I have got to go! Like, read to my kids or something. It took a small forever to load all those pictures. They've been tying each other up downstairs.

No joking.



Anakin and Padme... in the arena.

But, you knew that right away, didn't you?

Brother told me that it's okay if they play like they're going to get married because there is NO KISSING.

ha ha.

Tomorrow, we'll leave the upstairs and take a tour of the main level... the living room, entryway, and kitchen.

See you later!



5 comments:

Deb said...

Well, your shower curtain is nice...You are one brave lady!

Jessica said...

Way behind on blog reading but had to comment on at least one of these- you crack me up! Thanks for sharing the imperfection and documenting the unfinished, I think it's so much more fun to follow people who keep it real!

Anna said...

This is so funny. I have two old bathrooms that I dream about changing every EVERY day. So funny that you thought your toilet seat was pretty. Ooh sparkles.
Anna
pray for orphans
lassothemoon.typepad.com

Rebecca said...

I <3 your shower curtain and bath mat!

Jacci said...

Thank you! They've saved my sanity in here :)

I forgot to mention that this shower originally had THE FUNKIEST glass shower doors. I mean... super gross. We tried and tried to get them cleaned up, but there was nothing that could touch the years of crud (and mildew). **Shudder** But, we couldn't afford new doors just then, nor did we want to spend so much money on a temporary fix.

We eventually decided that the little ledge of the shower came up high enough off the ground to accomodate a shower curtain IF we were very careful to make certain the liner stayed inside the ledge. So far so good. Once or twice a child got water everywhere in there, but for the most part it's worked.

I was SO glad to get rid of those nasty doors and get the pretty shower curtain instead! :)